These instructions cover the steps for upgrading a previous version of Home Inspector Pro to Home Inspector Pro version 6.
Before you upgrade, please make sure you have gone through the steps outlined in Home Inspector Pro 6 Upgrade Checklist. Also, do not perform the upgrade before you have confirmed your HIP 6 license, as your existing Home Inspector Pro 5 or earlier license will not function in Home Inspector Pro 6.
1. Go to https://www.homeinspectorpro.com.. Click Login in the top-right of the page. Log in with your Home Inspector Pro user name and password.
2. Once logged in (or if you're already logged in), click on your name, then go to Downloads to find Home Inspector Pro 6 for Windows.
3. Click on the link for Home Inspector Pro 6 for Windows or click Download on the right.
4. The installer for Home Inspector Pro should begin downloading automatically. If the download does not begin downloading automatically, click to save the installer to your computer.
Note: If you receive notifications from Windows blocking the installer from downloading, please see this article.
5. Run the Home Inspector Pro 6 installer by clicking on the HomeInspectorPro.exe in your browser, or double-click on the installer from your Downloads folder.
Note: You may be prompted to give permission for the installer to run. Click Yes or Continue.
6. The installer will begin opening. On the first screen, click I Agree to agree to the user license.
7. You will then be prompted for the location to install the Home Inspector Pro program. The installer will default to installing in the c:\Program Files (x86)\Home Inspector Pro\ folder. If you have previously installed the Home Inspector Pro program in a different folder, the location will automatically be updated to the location where the program was previously installed.
If you would like to specify a different location for the Home Inspector Pro program to run from, click Browse, then choose another location.
8. Once the proper location is specified, click Install. The Home Inspector Pro program will begin installing.
9. Once the installation is complete, you will receive the final screen. Click Finish.
10. Once the installation is complete, you will now have an icon on the desktop for Home Inspector Pro 6.
11. Double-click on the icon for Home Inspector Pro 6. The splash screen for the program will then be displayed.
12. Once the program finishes loading, you will be prompted to enter your login information. This window will only show on the initial installation, or when no licenses are loaded in the program.
On this screen, enter your Home Inspector Pro user name and password to load your license information, then click Login.
If you would like to use the program in Demo Mode, click Use Evaluation Version. The login screen will then close.
13. After you have entered your user name and password, a message will be displayed showing the name of the license loaded into the Home Inspector Pro program. Click OK to close this window.
Note: If you receive the following message, this indicates that you do not have a Home Inspector Pro 6 license, or you do not have a license allocated. Go to the Subscriptions tab of the Home Inspector Pro Office portal to review your licensing: https://office.homeinspectorpro.com/
14. Your Home Inspector Pro program is now installed. To edit your license details, go to the Edit menu and Company Information.
15. Additional information for your company can be populated to appear on the cover of your reports.
Once complete, the license information saves automatically. You can close the program, you do not need to save to make the changes permanent.
If you have any questions regarding the licensing for Home Inspector Pro, please contact sales for additional details.