To begin using your GoDaddy domain with your HomeInspectorSites hosted web site, it is necessary to make changes to your domain settings to direct traffic to the HomeInspectorSites servers.
Before you begin this process, make sure that you have your current user name and password for your GoDaddy account. If you are unsure of your current information, you can contact GoDaddy technical support at (480) 505-8877 or through their web site: https://www.godaddy.com/contact-us.aspx?isc=GDBB3108
To make the changes, follow these steps:
- Go to the GoDaddy web site (https://www.godaddy.com).
- Log in at the top of the web site using your GoDaddy user name (or customer number) and password.
- Once logged in, you will be see a list of your domains.
- To the right of your domain, click on the link for DNS.
- Under the Choose your nameservers section, change from the selection of I'll use GoDaddy nameservers (recommended) to I'll use my own nameservers.
- In the fields below, enter the following values:
- Once these changes have been made, click on Save. Your changes to the domain will then be saved.
It may take up to 24-48 hours for the changes to propagate to our servers.
Once you have made the changes to the nameservers, let us know and we will get the site setup.
Instructions for making these changes to the settings on your site can also be found here: https://www.godaddy.com/help/change-nameservers-for-my-domains-664