To begin using your Google Domains domain with your HomeInspectorSites hosted web site, it is necessary to make changes to your domain settings to direct traffic to the HomeInspectorSites servers.
Before you begin this process, make sure that you have your current user name and password for your Google Domains account. If you are unsure of your current information, you can contact Google technical support through their web site: https://support.google.com/a/answer/1047213
To make the changes, follow these steps:
- On your computer, sign in to Google Domains (http://domains.google.com/registrar).
- Select the name of your domain.
- In the top left, click Menu Menu and then DNS.
- Under “Name servers,” select Use custom name servers.
- In the "Name server" field, enter the first Home Inspector Pro Nameserver: ns1.homeinspectorsites.com
- Click Add Plus to add an additional nameserver: ns2.homeinspectorsites.com
- Click Save.
Once completed with your changes, review the list of requested changes, then click Continue. Let us know as soon as you have made the changes, we can make sure the changes are processed.
It may take up to 24-48 hours for the changes to propagate to our servers. You will be able to tell when the changes have been made when you go to your domain name in your web browser, and you are taken to the HomeInspectorSites.com site (though not necessarily your site) instead of the previous site or the Google Domains landing page on your domain.
Once your domain is pointing at the HomeInspectorSites.com site, you can then change the setting in your site to migrate from the temporary HomeInspectorSites.com domain to your permanent domain name. Instructions for making these changes to the settings on your site can be found here: