Once a new license is loaded into the Home Inspector Pro installation, the BrickKicker company template will need to be set as the default template. This causes the BrickKicker template to automatically load when the inspector launches the Home Inspector Pro program. This assumes the master installation contains the default template in the Data folder.
The default inspection template setting is stored in your Home Inspector Pro license, so this information will need to be reentered if a new user license is loaded in the software.
- Launch the Home Inspector Pro program.
- Click on Open Template in the toolbar.
- Find and highlight the template titled BK Default.tpz (the .tpz template file may have a date at the end of the file name to indicate the version of the template. It will be titled BK Default at the beginning).
- Click Open. The template will then open to the Client Info screen.
- Click Save Template in the toolbar. The current template (BK Default.tpz) will be highlighted in the list of templates.
- Check the box labeled 'Check the following box to make this the default template.' in the lower-right corner to set this template as the default template in the users installation.
- When prompted to confirm this as the default template, click Yes.
- Click Save.
The Save Template window will then close. The user can confirm the template is set as the default by closing out of the Home Inspector Pro program, then launching the program again. Upon re-opening, the BK Default template should load by default.