A re-occuring issue has been found when using Adobe Reader on Windows when generating reports from Home Inspector Pro. The user will click on 'Generate Report', and follow the steps to generate their inspection report. After clicking Save, the report will be generated, but Adobe Reader will not launch. This issue is due to the functionality of Adobe Reader, and not an issue specifically with Home Inspector Pro. If the Windows Task Manager is launched (right-click on the Taskbar, select 'Open Tast Manager'), it will be found that Adobe Reader is in fact launched, but is listed under 'Background Processes'.
This issue effects Adobe Reader (all versions) on Windows 7 and later. It is recommended to download and install the most recent version of Adobe Reader, which can be found here: https://get.adobe.com/reader/
After Adobe Reader is installed, follow these steps:
- Launch Adobe Reader from the Desktop icon.
- Go to the Edit menu and Preferences.
- Click on Security (Enhanced) on the left side. (see the example image below)
- Uncheck the box for 'Enabled Protect Mode at Startup'
- When prompted to continue, click Yes.
- Uncheck the box for 'Enable Enhanced Security'.
- Click OK.
- Close out of Adobe Reader.
You can now do a test in Home Inspector Pro by clicking on 'Generate Report'. The report will then properly open in Adobe Reader.