These instructions walk through the steps for setting up and configuring the Home Inspector Pro Mobile (HIP Mobile) for use on your Android and iOS (iPad/iPhone) device.
A narrated tutorial can also be found at the following address: http://www.homeinspectorpro.com/Home-Inspector-Pro/an-overview-of-hip-mobile-android-home-inspector-software.html
Notice: You must have a current Home Inspector Pro Office or HIP Cloud Service to use the HIP Mobile application. To sign up for the Cloud Service, go to the Home Inspector Pro web site (http://www.homeinspectorpro.com/, click on Pricing/Buy at the top center of the page,
During the sign up process you will be asked to create a username and password. Please be sure to write this information down, as it will be required for use with the HIP Mobile, and synchronizing and delivering your reports. If you already have an account on the Home Inspector Pro web site, log in at the top of the Home Inspector Pro web site BEFORE signing up for the cloud service.
To get started, follow the steps below:
- Install the HIP Mobile app on your mobile device. You can find the app by going to the App Store (on your iPad or iPhone) or the Google Play Store (on your Android device), then search for 'Home Inspector Pro Mobile'. In the search results, click on the option to Install the application.
- Launch the HIP Mobile app on your device. You will see a username and password box similar to the one shown below. Enter the username and password for your Cloud Service account in these boxes, then press Login.
- Next, we will need to upload a template from your desktop Home Inspector Pro to the cloud for use on your mobile device. Go into the Home Inspector Pro program on your desktop/laptop computer. Click on the Internet menu (at the top of the program), then click on 'HIP Login Information'.
- A window will open up prompting for your Home Inspector Pro username and password. Enter your Cloud Service username and password, then click OK.
Remember: Your Cloud Service password is case-sensitive.
- Click on the Mobile Sync button on the far-right side of the toolbar.
- Click click on the button labeled 'Upload Template'.
- A new window will open, prompting to select your template. Choose your template from the list, then click Open.
- Your template will then begin uploading to the cloud.
- You will receive a notification on the screen once the upload is complete. Click OK.
- Now that the template is uploaded, go back to the HIP Mobile on your mobile device. Once launched, go to the Sync tab. Click Refresh on the screen. Select your template from the list, then click on Download.
- Once the download is complete, you will receive a notification. Click OK on the message.
- Click on the Manage tab, then select your template from the list. Enter a name for the inspection, then press Create. You will receive a notification the inspection has been created. Press OK.
- You can now go to Client Info and enter in your clients’ information or proceed directly to Inspect to begin your inspection.
If you need further assistance you can give is a call at (888) 750-4777, or go to our web site (http://www.homeinspectorpro.com) and click the Live Help button, or email us at email@example.com.