This page will cover how to join a support or meeting session from a macOS and OS X machine. Though this article was designed for assisting a guest to join a session, these instructions can apply to both hosts and guests.
1. Join the session from your OS X machine
Depending on how the host has created the session, you will have to enter a code or pick a session from a drop-down list, or you can click on a link in an email invitation. Contact your host for more details on how you should join a session.
Once you have initiated joining the session, you should see a ZIP file being downloaded to your machine.
2. Double-click on the ZIP file to extract the PKG file
3. Run the PKG file
Depending on your security settings, you may see a security message from Gatekeeper if you try to open it.
There are two ways to continue the installation: by opening the file in Finder, or by allowing the file in the Security & Privacy settings.
Method 1: Finder
- To continue installation, open Finder.
- Navigate to the location of the downloaded PKG file. Press Ctrl+Click on the downloaded PKG file to open the context menu.
- Select Open, and you should see a similar warning with an option to open the file.
- Click Open to run the file.
Method 2: System Preferences
- Open System Preferences > Security & Privacy.
- Click the lock to allow changes.
- In the General tab, you should see a notice that "ConnectwiseControl.ClientSetup..." was blocked from opening because it is not from an identified developer. Click Open Anyway.
- Click the lock again to prevent further changes.
- Double-click on the PKG file again to continue the installation.
4. Follow the wizard to complete the installation of the ConnectWise Control client
Ending a session
Click and hold on the ConnectWise Control icon on your dock. From the pop-up menu, select Quit.