The cover page layout is used to specify the layout of the cover of the inspection reports. This is accomplished using the Cover Page Designer in Home Inspector Pro. The cover page layout setting is saved as part of the template, so it is only necessary to specify the cover page layout setting once, then the setting will be maintained as this template is used.
To specify the cover page layout again:
- Go to Report Settings, then Cover Page Designer.
- Click on the 'Import Layout from File' button at the bottom of the screen.
- When prompted, select the .hdzi Cover Page Layout file provided for your use, then click Open.
- Check the box labeled 'Enable custom cover layouts on reports' in the lower-right corner of the screen.
- Click the 'Apply Changes to Template' button at the bottom of the screen.
- When prompted, click Yes to confirm the cover page layout is applied to your current template.
- Click on Save Template in the toolbar.
- Your current template will be highlighted. Click on Save to apply this change to your template. This change will then apply to future inspections based on this template.
If you are using the HIP Mobile application, you will need to upload the updated template to the cloud under the Mobile Sync button. Once uploaded, you will need to download the template to the HIP Mobile application and replace the existing template on your device.